Please log in or register!
Please log in or register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Solace Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild IRC channel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Antendo
General
General
Antendo

M.S. Name : paskapirate
Kieptomaniac
GPQBa

Guild IRC channel Empty
PostSubject: Guild IRC channel   Guild IRC channel EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Just letting you people know that we could use a IRC (Internet Relay Chat) instead of a forumchat or "almost realtime forum post messaging". If nothing else, it would be a faster way to communicate during the maintenances, longer patching and just maple generally not working. And as a matter of fact, since its free and easy as typing 2 words, I've done it.

For those who dont know what IRC is, just think of it as a "multiplayer notepad" like I've heard it called, and I think that description fits it well. It's a chat program in where you join these channels and talk to people, like in any other chat program. The main difference when compared to MSN for example, is that you don't need to exchange email addresses or anything.

In the long run, it would be easier to use a real IRC client (I recommend mIRC) instead of this webchat, but the webchat does its work well enough not to make getting a client necessary.

The guild channel is called #solaceguild [# is necessary (some fucker already got #solace)] and its on QuakeNet, but for the webchat users, all you need to do is click this link, punch in a nickname of your liking (I recommend we use forum names or IGN's), click "Join chat" and you are good to go!

Link again for easier future use: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#solaceguild
Back to top Go down
Keni
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Keni

M.S. Name : Dragnee
Kenixor

Guild IRC channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild IRC channel   Guild IRC channel EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Lovely <3
Back to top Go down
Consuela
Webmaster
Webmaster
Consuela

M.S. Name : Korae
Hyoushou

Guild IRC channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild IRC channel   Guild IRC channel EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Useful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild IRC channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild IRC channel   Guild IRC channel Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild IRC channel
Page 1 of 1