Please log in or register!
Please log in or register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Solace Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Consuela
Webmaster
Webmaster
Consuela

M.S. Name : Korae
Hyoushou

Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill) Empty
PostSubject: Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill)   Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill) EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:24 am

I figured this would be an appropriate guide for all character poor and rich, the reasons being I'll explain now.

First of all. Why get it in the first place?

Well ya know all the equips you see in FM with above average base stats? Those weren't drops or rewards they were augmented gear from this very skill.

It's cheap to do if you know what to do.

You can automatically get higher stats or extra preferred stats from level 50 onwards (e.g. Jump or speed on something that doesn't normally have it).

Great skill, just don't start properly using it until around level 70 when you have plenty of mesos behind you.

How do I get this sthuper awesome skill?

Consult www.bbb.hidden-street.net until I write up a full walkthrough of it.

How do I make...

When making anything you must first realise you can make your preferred item but you can also make a better item. e.g when trying to make a basic topaz you may end up being lucky enough to make an intermediate topaz instead.
Bear in mind that it is possible to fail when doing it, I've only failed making something once but that's when I had level 1 maker. I believe the fail rate is minimal in general or just higher chance as level 1 maker.

Monster Crystals can be made two different ways, selecting 'disassemble' and paying mesos to break the equip or converting 100 etc drop items into crystal(s)
Although dissassembling a level 35 equip can make the Basic Monster Crystal I, as I said before you have a chance for it to turn out better and make Basic Monster Crystal II instead.
As for etc drops it is limited, some types of drops can be made into crystals and some can't, I will make a compile list at a later date.

How do I make my equip?

It's very simple, you select the Equip you want to make, choose from the drop down list and once you've clicked your equip if you hover the icon it'll give average stats.
When making your equip regardless of adding gems to boost or not there is a chance of lower than average stats as the created equip but don't let that put you off.
On your selected equip there are two sections, the materials and the augmentation.

The materials will commonly require powder and crystals whereas the weapons will require other items (my level 90 Metus bow required crystals and Mithril plates) as for shields I don't know what basic Requirements or if they're even possible to make as I'm a bowman.

The augmentation will always have a slot for a production stimulator, not something I use but is there nonetheless, there are also extra boxes next to it for gem fitting. As level 1 maker skill you are able to gem fit once on each equip, level 2 2 slots and onwards.

For people who are Dexless/Strless/Lukless if you create each equip with an Advanced Crystal you have a chance of getting around 30-35 extra base dex without using any scrolls, that'd save a lot of funding like in the old days, even though Advanced anything are like 100-300m in fm, they're not /that/ hard to make, just a pain.

Three simple things to take note of:

- You cannot make anything beyond (I think) your level+5, the maker skills also have restrictions such as maker level 2 cannot make anything higher than level 105.

- You cannot use two of the same type of jewel per equip. E.g. Cannot use two Dex crystals for a pair of shoes, only one and something else.

- It costs at least 110k Mesos to enhance or dissassemble, creation obviously costs more, and an extra so and so when augmenting jewels onto creation so make sure you've got the provisions.

I know I've got more information to add to this and I will surely get to it Sunday, if you have questions regarding what is already written then feel free to reply or PM me. I hope this thread helped those uncertain so far.

Regards,

-Korae.

Last edited by Gir on Sun May 01, 2011 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hallowedfire
General
General
Hallowedfire

M.S. Name : HallowedFire
AbysalFire

PostSubject: Re: Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill)   Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill) EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 4:43 pm

that a good guide Very Happy

but i wud say that maker skill shud not be used until lvl 70ish. this allows you to collect a surplus of maker items and jewels.
Back to top Go down
smurfke
Colonel
Colonel
smurfke

M.S. Name : Undress

PostSubject: Re: Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill)   Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill) EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:20 pm

nice guide i always tought t make dex shoes but if u cant add so many dex Sad maybe i should make dex and str shoe than :d
Back to top Go down
Consuela
Webmaster
Webmaster
Consuela

Hyoushou

PostSubject: Re: Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill)   Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill) EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 7:42 pm

You can make shoes with a base of 10 Dex if you use a Dex only shoe and an Advanced Dex Crystal.
Back to top Go down
xZeroTrace
General
General
xZeroTrace

M.S. Name : SubsMage
Acroterion

PostSubject: Re: Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill)   Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill) EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Gir wrote:
You can make shoes with a base of 10 Dex if you use a Dex only shoe and an Advanced Dex Crystal.

But that has to be like a lvl 120 shoe and advanced dex crystal is about 300m ;P

Okay guide:)

100th post ftw;D
Back to top Go down
Consuela
Webmaster
Webmaster
Consuela

Hyoushou

PostSubject: Re: Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill)   Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill) EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Well no, any shoe level 80 or above with advanced dex crystal will be 10 base dex. It's not necessarily 300m, that's only overpriced FM because Dex is widely required and people are too lazy to get, if i grinded on DTs for a while, i'd be able to make one.

Whenever i compound i've often had the probability of making intermediate instead of basic, when you think about that you only need 10 intermediate to make advanced it's not that difficult (x2 drop obviously makes things better) But when you're trying to make basic and it become intermediate the same principle applies to making intermediate, you have a chance to make advanced but as it's a much smaller chance and you can't get 10 basic crystals as fast as getting 1 that's why the price rose up.

around 500k-1m per ore, the max amount of ores you'd use to make advanced if you're incredibly unlucky is around 100 i think if i calculated it correctly.

With using SparklingSky as well (To help out others) specifically people who might want to be lukless (Or just have int equips to raise damage with stable build) i can make the stuff for it easily, people like Kingpin having a dual-augmented base equip would be very beneficial for him and give an edge, it's how you see it from a productive perspective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill)   Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill) Empty

Back to top Go down

Korae's guide to compounding (Maker Skill)
Page 1 of 1